Tuesday, July 20, 2010

LOVE

(Sorry for the very inventive title)

Love is the only word I can use to describe my (one sided) relationship with Pussycatlondon. They are the sole reason I ever take a trip into the catastrophe which is New Look (other than Stargazer and Giles Deacon, but we'll get to that later). I am not the kind of person who favours dresses- I love layering and separates are much easier for that. But their dresses are my ultimate go-to pieces. When I've taken everything out of my wardrobe, tried it on, and then thrown it down in a sulk, I resort to my favourite combination- boots, leather jacket, Pussycatlondon dress. I especially love their two piece dresses, because they are just so versatile and can change the appearance of any look (usually for the better).

So here are the pieces I am really, really tempted to buy and I am going to have to buy at some stage. I'm sort of stuck in my second hand shop pricing mode, so this is going to be a real splash out.



I've never been a fan of coral but the cut of this dress sold me. It's practically impossible to find clothes with a somewhat unusual cut on the high street but not completely impossible. This nails the semi-trend of dresses that are long in the back and short in the front without being overtly noticeable.



I rarely do prints, but once again, the cut is the reason I love this dress so much. I have one with a similar cut, and it is beyond flattering. Plus, I do like the color of this print. The lilac-y grey hue is beautiful and would look good on almost anyone.




I only own two blouses- one a basic, over sized white blouse and the other a McQueen ruffled, plaid blouse. Both are worn a lot and although I don't wear a lot of black, I prefer this one to the cream one they also have in stock. I like how it's sheer without being so sheer that you have to show your underwear. Plus I love ruffles. I want to wear this with my vintage cut offs, Stuart Weitzman booties and over sized Forever 21 ring right now. Plus it's only 15 pounds.





I honestly never thought I would be attracted to leopard print. It's just not me. But anyone who reads my blog knows I have an unhealthy obsession with white dresses, so when you put a beautiful, floaty, sheer white dress over top a snow leopard print, I'm sold. And as I said before I love their 2-in-1 pieces so I may have to invest in this.

You can check out their website at http://www.pussycatlondon.com/pussycatlondon/

Now I'm off to spend some of my well earned cash while I rarely have it in my pocket!

3 comments:

Becky Tjandera said...

Super lovely dresses ! Aww . I love simple dresses because I can have a lot of ways to style them :)

A-Chick-Named-Hermia said...

I like those blue shorts (trousers?) with the braces!

....yeah again I can only sign in with an email account? Why is that? You should allow Open ID/Name and URL ppl to leave comments...it's SO much easier for your readers and they'll be more likely to leave a comment then.

http://chicknamedhermia.wordpress.com/

Alice said...

Love the black blouse, absolutely gorgeous!

http://quirkyfashion.com

Post a Comment

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration